The Curious Incident of the Dog in The Night-Time Workshop opportunities
**Applications for these workshops through Specialisterne have now closed**
In 2017/2018 Specialisterne teamed up with Arts Centre Melbourne, Melbourne Theatre Company and the I CAN Network to ensure there are six spaces for people on the autism spectrum in the Curious Incident Design Academy – a four-day workshop associated with play The Curious Incident of The Dog in the Night-Time.
An additional two places have been reserved for Prime Composition – a 2-day workshop also associated with the play.
Information about the show
- Curious Incident is a large scale play, touring from the National Theatre in the UK, and the winner of 5 Tony Awards.
- You can watch a preview of the show here.
- You can download a Visual Story about seeing the show at Arts Centre Melbourne at the bottom of this page.
Information about the workshops
- Information about the play and the Design Academy 4-day Workshop is found here.
- Information about the play and the Prime Composition 2-day Workshop is found here.
To apply for Design Academy or Prime Composition via Specialisterne, you must:
- Be 16 years or age or older (there is no upper age limit);
- Have a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (including Asperger’s Disorder, Autistic Disorder, ASD, or PDD-NOS);
- Be able to attend a one-day workshop with Specialisterne Australia on Friday 5th January in Melbourne (10am-4pm, location to be advised);
- Be able to attend a performance of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time in Melbourne on January 11, 12 or 13;
- Be able to work in a group setting;
- For the Prime Composition only: be available to attend from 10am-4pm on January 13 & 14, have an interest in music composition (electronic and/or acoustic) and some experience composing music (‘experience’ may be composing music as a hobby/interest, as a part of a topic or course, or for employment);
- For the Design Academy only: Be able to attend the 4-day Design Academy in Melbourne, 10am-4pm January 15, 16, 17 and 18 and have an interest in sound design, set design, and/or video projection design.
- December 20: Online applications close at 5pm
- December 21: All applicants notified if they will be attending the one-day Specialisterne workshop or not
- January 5: One-day Specialisterne workshop held in Melbourne (10am-4pm, location to be advised)
- January 5: All workshop attendees notified if they will be attending Design Academy/Prime Composition or not from 6pm
- January 11, 12, or 13: Successful applicants must be available to attend the play The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time on January 11, 12 or 13. The cost of this ticket is covered by the cost of the Design Academy or Prime Composition workshop, and will be paid by Specialisterne.
- For Prime Composition: January 13-14, 10-4 Sat-Sun
- For Design Academy: January 15-18, 10-4 Mon-Thurs
If you have any questions, contact Jason at email@example.com