Dandelion Program Victoria 2018
Various job opportunities in Mildura
Specialisterne Australia offers an alternative for people with autism to connect with employers who recognise the valuable contributions and talents that people on the autism spectrum can bring to their organisations. We offer a tailored workshop and assessment program whereby applicants can demonstrate in a practical, hands-on environment their skills and abilities, directly to employers.
With funding from Jobs Victoria innovation Fund and support from Mildura City Council, we are currently advertising for a variety of roles for autistic individuals across different employers in Mildura and surrounds. See below for information about these roles. More specific information about the roles will be available in the coming weeks.
Types of roles: Administration, Hospitality, Legal, Warehousing and IT.
Number of roles available: 10
Location of roles: Mildura, Victoria
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- Must have a diagnosis of autism (including Autism spectrum disorder, Asperger’s disorder, Autistic disorder, or PDD-NOS)
- Must have proof of Australian Citizenship
- Must able to attend a pre-selection workshop between the hours of 10am – 3pm on either dates Wednesday 4th April 2018 or Thursday 5th April 2018.
- Must be able to attend the 3-week assessment phase beginning Monday 9th April 2018 and must be able to attend each day of the program (Monday to Friday from Monday 9th April to Friday 27th April, excluding ANZAC day).
- Should live within a daily commutable distance of Mildura
- Must have an interest in Administration, Hospitality, Legal, Warehousing or IT work.
The application process
Step 1 of application process
Send an email to email@example.com including the following two things:
- A letter of application, CV or resume
OR a document of any format that lets us know about any experience (paid or unpaid), interests and skills you have related to the advertised roles is OK.
- Evidence of a positive ASD or Asperger’s Syndrome diagnosis i.e., Diagnostic Assessment or a letter from a treating medical practitioner.
Step 2 of application process
– Complete the survey at this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MILDURA_MARCH2018
- Applications close at 2pm on Thursday the 29th of March 2018. All applicants will be contacted and advised of the outcome on Thursday the 29th of March 2018 for the pre-selection workshop commencing on either Wednesday the 4th or Thursday the 5th of April between 10am and 3pm.
- You will receive an acknowledgement of the receipt of your application within 48 hours, during normal working days (i.e., Monday-Friday).
The recruitment process
Please note: Applications are open for individuals who are on the autism spectrum. Any individual aged 18 years or older without a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder, Asperger’s disorder, PDD-NOS, or Autistic disorder are not eligible to apply.
Stage 1 of recruitment process
This application (including Step 1 and Step 2 as above).
Stage 2 of recruitment process
- Short listed applicants will be invited to complete a one-day workshop in Mildura (venue to be confirmed).
- The workshop will be held during the week and candidates will be allocated to participate on either Wednesday the 4th April or Thursday the 5th of April.
- All applicants who complete the workshops will be contacted and advised of the outcome of the workshops by 5pm Friday the 6th of April.
Stage 3 of recruitment process
- Short listed applicants will be invited to complete a three-week training and assessment program in Mildura (venue to be confirmed).
- The training and assessment program will be held from the week beginning Monday the 9th of April concluding on Friday the 27th of April 2018.
- All attendees of the assessment will be advised of the outcome of their application on Friday the 27th of April.
- Successful applications will begin work on Monday the 30th of April 2018.
- Applicants at any stage who are not successful will be contacted by a member of the Specialisterne team and put in contact with local employment services.
|Notification to attend Workshop
|Pre-Selection Workshop Dates
||04/04/18 or 05/04/18
|Notification to attend Training & Assessment Program
|Training and Assessment Program
|Commencement of Employment
Looking forward to receiving your applications. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Nick or Steph:
Nick Giustino: firstname.lastname@example.org, 0412 402 574
Steph Carayannis: email@example.com, 0432 221 380
Nick Giustino and Steph Carayannis